Publisher 2K and developer Visual Concepts have officially announced it WWE 2K23 for PlayStation 5, Xbox series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (Steam). It will launch on March 17. John Cena, WWE 16-time World Champion, will be featured on the cover of every edition of the game in celebration of his 20th anniversary as a WWE Superstar.
“It is a pleasure to tell the story of my career through the WWE 2K23 Showcase,” said John Cena in a press release. “2K has done a fantastic job of capturing and driving the WWE 2K franchise through this concept, and I’m honored to grace the cover of WWE 2K23.”
Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts added, “Like our cover Superstar John Cena, the Visual Concepts team rose to the challenge of proving that the quality of the WWE 2K franchise is here to stay. WWE 2K23 takes a winning formula and adds so much more. We are especially excited to see how fans respond to the 2K Showcase and WarGames.”
Read the first details below.
WWE 2K23 features several franchise improvements, including a unique new take on the 2K Showcase, the WWE 2K introducing the fan-favorite WarGames and expansions for several major game modes. In addition, fans can also look forward to a host of WWE Superstars and Legends, including Roman Reigns, “American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes, Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and more. Incredibly realistic graphics, animations, camera angles and lighting, plus accessible controls and a new optional pinning mechanism will add to the highly immersive experience.
Most important features
WWE 2K23 features several features of the franchise, as well as some new additions and twists to fan favorites:
- 2K Showcase starring John Cena – Conquering John Cena in the ring is a tribute few Superstars can claim. In an unprecedented twist on the 2K Showcase, players step into the shoes of several of Cena’s toughest competitors with one goal in mind: defeat the man who will “Never Give Up”. This interactive sports entertainment documentary spans his 20-year WWE career and is narrated by Cena herself. It uses 2K’s unique Slingshot technology to seamlessly transition from gameplay to live action to bring vital moments in every match to life.
- War games – The fan-favourite, chaotic and action-packed WarGames debuts in WWE 2K23 and delivers heart-pounding three-on-three and four-on-four single-player or multiplayer mayhem in two side-by-side rings surrounded by a double steel cage.
- MyGM – Now with more GMs to choose from – or a player’s own custom GM creation – as well as additional show options, multiple seasons, expanded match maps, and more match types for up to four players. Players build a roster, manage budgets, sign free agents, choose different match types, arena locations, production elements and more, aiming to beat a rival GM in weekly ratings.
- MyFACTION – Now featuring online multiplayer action, the team-building mode where players collect, manage and upgrade a range of WWE Superstars and Legends to create their ultimate four-person factions. Players can now battle their faction online for global dominance, or compete in Weekly Towers and Faction Wars, with new themed card packs and objectives rolling out regularly throughout the year.
- MyRISE – Aspiring superstars walk through the curtain on their WWE debut in MyRISE, shaping their careers with the decisions made along the way. With different storylines for men and women and the ability to import custom Superstars, players will travel from humble beginnings as a Rookie to being immortalized as a WWE Legend.
- Universe – The ultimate WWE Universe sandbox that puts players in charge of their own version of WWE, from Superstar Rosters, Feuds, Champions, Weekly Shows and Premium Live Events! Updates to Universe include a reworked story system and more.
- Creation Suite – A signature feature of the WWE 2K franchise, the creation suite returns with cross-platform community creations, including the ability to design custom Superstars, GMs, arenas, entrances, move sets, championships and more. Custom arenas are now playable online and advanced customizations have been added to created entrances.
Game editions and pre-order bonus
WWE 2K23 includes four editions of the game: Standard Edition, Cross-Gen, Deluxe Edition, and Icon Edition:
- standard edition – The Standard Edition is available for $59.99 on previous generation platforms (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles) and PC and $69.99 on current generation consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S ), both physical and digital.
- Cross-Gen Edition – The Cross-Gen Edition is available digitally for $69.99 on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. The Cross-Gen Edition includes the Standard Edition on previous and current generation platforms within the same console family and the same PlayStation or Xbox account.
- deluxe edition – The Deluxe Edition is available for $99.99 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One in both physical and digital forms, and on PC in digital form. The Deluxe Edition includes the Standard Edition, the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, plus a Season Pass to all five post-launch downloadable content packs; the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger; Ruby John Cena MyFACTION Evo Card, Gold Edge MyFACTION Card, Emerald Bianca Belair MyFACTION Card, Gold Asuka MyFACTION Card and three Basic Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Deluxe Edition will be available March 14, 2023, three days ahead of Standard and Cross-Gen Editions!
- Icon Edition – The Icon Edition is available for $119.99 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC, featuring original cover art by renowned WWE-inspired artist Rob Schamberger. In addition to the Standard Edition and all of the Deluxe Edition’s bonus content, the Icon Edition includes the Ruthless Aggression Pack, celebrating 20 years of John Cena’s WWE career with John Cena’s early “Prototype” character and “Leviathan” Batista. , developmental rookie versions of Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton, the John Cena Legacy Championship and WrestleMania 22 Arena. Additional bonus content includes an Emerald Paul Heyman MyFACTION Manager Card and three Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Icon Edition will be available March 14, 2023, three days ahead of Standard and Cross-Gen Editions!
- Bad Bunny Bonus Pack Pre-Order Offer – Players who pre-order the Standard Edition and Cross-Gen Digital Bundle will receive the Bad Bunny bonus pack, which includes Bad Bunny as a playable character, as well as a Ruby level Bad Bunny MyFACTION card. The Bad Bunny bonus pack is included in the Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition at launch.
Check out the first screenshots in the gallery.